I have the best friends in the world. No one understands me like my closest friends. The seven of us grew up together. The last to join our club, Melissa, found us in ninth grade.
Of the group I've known Wendy the longest, then Candice. These two, more than any person in the world, get me. It's nice.
Just over a year ago Candice got married. And in April Wendy left to serve a full-time LDS mission in England.
Just before Wendy left she was dating Robert. I'm not sure where they left off when she left the country for 18 months. (I never really asked.)
Last night I took TRAX home after being down town late into the evening. I saw Robert on the train.
"Oh," I thought, "he's looking good. His hair is lots shorter now. And he's all clean shaven. Lots of books. I wonder what he's taking ... ... Married! He's married. How -- when -- ?? Wait, Jessie. Doesn't he have a brother? Yes, he does. A twin. Oh, good, a twin." I'd realized this after I'd had a small freak out and peed my pants just a little bit.
The first thing I did after I got off the train was call Candice. She, too, forgot that Robert has a twin. Which made me feel better.
While I was on the phone with Candice I realized had Wendy been home and that had been Robert, Candice would have still been my first phone call. I think bad news is always best when delivered by a red head.
No comments:
Post a Comment