Jessie's ticker

04 July, 2011

Something I want.

Glass drinking straws. I love it. I'd never considered how much plastic waste straws generate. I'm trying to be more environmentally conscious. My little sister did a lot to inspire me while I visited her last month. She uses cloth napkins. I'm totally going to invest in some of those.

Back to the straws. They're not economically smart. I think it would take me eight hundred plastic straws to pay for one glass straw. But the environment would appreciate it after the first time.


If you get one or know someone who has one let me know how they are. Oh, the site where I got the picture from offers a life time repair or replace if the straws get broken. That's impressive.

3 comments:

Cerra said...

I would recommend non-disposable plastic, but that's just me.

Jeramie said...

I'm with Cerra. In my opinion, a glass straw is a safety hazard.

**WARNING** Germ-phobia about to show.

A re-usable straw scares me. They're just to small (diameter wise) to come clean with regular washing. Sometimes it really sucks to have been raised by a microbiologist.

Jes said...

Jeramie, the site sells special cleaning brushes.

I am interested to know what else has been ruined for you. Future post on your blog??