First was my good old friend Chippy and his wife Stacy. I say old because 1. I've known him for half my life and 2. because he's OLD!! He turned 30 on Saturday, so we went to dinner with them Friday night to celebrate.
Then on Saturday, I had my 'brother from another mother' visit!! Yay! Troy, a boy who lived with my family four years ago, is on holiday here from Australia. He joined us for lunch at Firehouse Pizza. ... "When the moon meets her eye like a big pizza pie, that's amore..."
And I
thought The Pie had a big pizza! 36 inches of yummy woodfired pizza goodness! (The Pie is still better, just so you know.)Anyway, afterward we bought some tubes and took him sledding for his first time down Old Main Hill (USU Alum will know what I'm talking about).

It was a blast! I'm a chicken after last-year's near death experience, so I only went down once. Good foresight on my part since that one time almost put me in a tree. I am not cut out for this sort of thing! All the same, it was fun to just watch them! But really weird at the same time... Why, you ask? Because Troy happens to almost exactly like my husband! It's like my adopted brother is Jared's long lost Aussie twin.
Don't you think?
3 comments:
So when you were dating Jared did you ever accidently call him Troy since they look so much alike? Tubing looks so fun! Glad you weren't hurt. And thanks again for helping with the kids yesterday. It made my day!
No, actually, I didn't even realize it at first. But now that I've seen them together, I'm doing double takes!
That's crazy Wendy! Looks like fun. I went sledding this year with my kids for the first time in...and it was a little nervous at first, so I totally get that.
Post a Comment