Yesterday morning just after I got off the bus I noticed a lost-looking elderly couple. They couldn't figure out which side of the street a certain building is on. I happen to know which side that building is on. I tried to convey this to them.It didn't go well.
I pointed and motioned. It somehow came out wrong. I'm sure they eventually found a competent person to help them out.
As I crossed the street I was reminded of my first desk job. I worked at Saia Motorfreight. I loved that job. It wa
s cake. I worked with great people (and one wicked witch).
s cake. I worked with great people (and one wicked witch). Sometimes people would call in to get directions to our building. I was forbidden to do so. I had to pass off the calls. How sad is that?
Hi, I'm Jessie. I'm a horrible giver of directions.
3 comments:
Didn't I pick you up there once? I didn't have trouble finding it.
I worked at Saia ages ago. Like in 2001. It was waaay out on about 1100 South and 2500 West. I'm surprised I could find my way there some mornings. (We won't talk about all the times I got lost on my way there.)
sounds like me...heehee
Post a Comment